In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful
"...Indeed I am leaving Madinah to reform the ummah of my grandfather" - Imam Hussain (a.s)
Please see below for information about the Muharram lecture series at SIIJLA, and a majlis at Melrose Abbey Cemetery on Sunday, September 24th at 11am
Muharram 2017 Lecture Series:
The Muharram 2017/1439 Program at SIIJLA is underway. We hope you can join us to commemorate the legacy of Imam Hussain (AS) and benefit from the lectures of our guest speaker, Sheikh Abbas Ismail, from London
. All programs begin at 8:30PM
, except Ashura day. The remaining lecture topics for this Muharram are as follows:
Cemetery Majlis on Sunday September 24th:
- Sat. 9/23: How to keep the spiritual heart alive
- Sun. 9/24: How to nurture one’s self and one’s family
- Mon. 9/25: How to succeed in the world without jeopardizing the Hereafter
- Tue. 9/26: Dealing with people
- Wed. 9/27: Societal pressures
- Thu. 9/28: Friendships and relationships
- Fri: 9/29: The meaning of justice in one’s life – part 1
- Sat: 9/30: The meaning of justice in one’s life – part 2
- Sun. 10/1: DAY OF ASHURA AND SHAM E GHARIBAN
- Mon. 10/2: Reflections and conclusions
On behalf of the Dinani, Dossa, Jaffer, Rehemtulla and Khakoo families, majlis has been organized, for ladies and gents, at the Melrose Abbey Cemetery on Sunday, September 24th, 2016 at 11 am.
Location: 2303 S. Manchester Ave., Anaheim, CA 92802
- Please donate to the Muharram fund; SIIJLA relies on your generosity in this blessed month to operate throughout the year. Click here to donate now!
- The day of Ashura will be on Sunday, October 1st, 2017. Detailed program for Muharram can be found here. The Calendar of Events for the remainder of 2017 can found here.
- Anyone wishing to participate in the recitation of dua/poetry/eulogy/Marsia/Matam during these upcoming programs please contact Br. Ali Abbas Peera at firstname.lastname@example.org
With Salaams & Duas,