In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful
"...Indeed I am leaving Madinah to reform the ummah of my grandfather" - Imam Hussain (a.s)
The blessed month of Muharram is in full-swing at SIIJLA. Please see below for important announcements and updates to program timing.
Muharram 2017 Lecture Series:
SIIJLA's guest speaker for Muharram 2017, Sheikh Abbas Ismail,
has been sharing highly educational and relevant lectures with us each night. The remaining topics for this Muharram are as follows:
- Wed. 9/27: Societal pressures at 8:30 pm
- Thu. 9/28: Friendships and relationships (Program starts at 7:30 pm with Prayers and Dinner)
- Fri: 9/29: The meaning of justice in one’s life – part 1(Program starts at 7:30 pm with Prayers and Dinner)
- Sat: 9/30: The meaning of justice in one’s life – part 2 (Program starts at 7:30 pm with Prayers and Dinner)
- Sun. 10/1: DAY OF ASHURA (Amaal at 9am AND SHAM E GHARIBAN
- Mon. 10/2: Reflections and conclusions at 8:30 pm
SIIJLA will be conducting a Muharram Kids Workshop for children ages 5-12. The workshop will begin on Wednesday, September 27th
to Saturday, September 30th. Kids Amaal of Ashura on Ashura Day.
- Please donate to the Muharram fund; SIIJLA relies on your generosity in this blessed month to operate throughout the year. Click here to donate now!
- The day of Ashura will be on Sunday, October 1st, 2017. Detailed program for Muharram can be found here. The Calendar of Events for the remainder of 2017 can found here.
- Anyone wishing to participate in the recitation of dua/poetry/eulogy/Marsia/Matam during these upcoming programs please contact Br. Ali Abbas Peera at email@example.com
With Salaams & Duas,