In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
"We send down the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy
for the believers"
Qur'an - Al-Isra 17:82
Sha'ban Mubarak to all of you and your family. We ask Allah, the Most High, for success in performing good deeds and hasten the Return of Our Master, Imam Al-Mahdi (AJTF).
We pray that you and your family are in the best of health. We ask Allah to alleviate the current hardship and to protect you and your families and all affected in light of the current situation around the world, InshaAllah.
While programs are temporarily suspended at SIIJLA and keeping the safety and wellbeing of our community members being the utmost priority, we would like to provide a few resources available to you, updates and some and reminders.
1. SIIJLA updates, reminders and local programming:
Thursday March 26th, 2020 - Jafaria Islamic Society (Online program)
Jahsan E Wiladat Bibi Zainab (AS) and Dua E Kumayl
- Do reach out to the SIIJLA EC and community individually for help.
- If anybody is infected with COVID 19, please reach out to our President Dr. Mohsin Ali or a member of the EC in confidence, so that we can provide timely support.
- Please let us know if COVID-19 has affected you in any way. If you have lost your employment and are a legal resident of the USA please apply for Unemployment on line asap. (https://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/filing_a_claim.htm)
- Those who are on other visa categories and need help please reach out to us in confidence.
- Those that need groceries/doctor visits/or any thing that they need help with reach out to us. (details and phone numbers below)
- All those Health care workers in our community, nurses, doctors, allied health, that may wish to be on our roster for health care questions and help please call or write to the Secretary - Sister Sabiha Haji - [email protected] so we can prepare available resources.
Program will Livestream at http:// Jafaria.org/live
8:00 PM Dua e Kumayl
8:30 PM English Speech by Dr. Fareed Mousavi.
2. NASIMCO Updates: Dr. Mohsin Ali attended a teleconference with NASIMCO Presidents last nights and garnered the following updates which will be forthcoming from NASIMCO. SIIJLA EC will be sure to communicate the updates as we learn more in the near future:
3. Important dates for the month of Sha'ban:
- NASIMCO is working on virtual Madressah programs for now and during Ramadhan
- Aalim on-line for jamaats that do not have one today
- Mental wellness hotline for emotional support and wellbeing
- Online Ramadhan Program
- Needs assessment for each community
- 3 Shaban (Mar. 28): Birthday of Imam Hussain ibn Ali (AS)
- 4 Shaban (Mar. 29): Birthday of Abu Fadl al-Abbas (AS)
- 5 Shaban (Mar. 30): Birthday of Imam Ali ibn Hussain (AS)
- 15 Shaban (Apr. 9): Birthday of Imam al-Mahdi (AJTF)
4. Kids Corner: The Shia Ithna Asheri Islamic Jamaat of New York (SIJNY) in collaboration with the "SIJNY Moms Group" have developed a series of pre-recorded online programs for kids. In the menu of listings you will also find events like Yoga for kids, Shaikh Jaffer H Jaffer youth sessions and Sister Marziya Hassan sessions.
Please visit: https://sijnymoms.wixsite.com/kidscorner/home/
5. LIVE FITNESS for the whole family: Please join Mahmood Mawjee who is a motivational speaker on inspiration and leadership from the UK where he will be hosting live fitness classes for the community to keep moving, staying healthy and positive. The sessions will occur on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays @ 10:30AM PST. The workouts will be fun and suitable for all ages (no equipment needed).
Please visit: http://www.youtube.com/mahmoodmawjee
6. LADIES ONLY - Zoom online sessions: Maintaining Spritual and Emotional Wellbeing with Sister Tahera Kassamali
Dates: April 1, April 8, April 15, and April 22 from 8AM - 9AM PST
Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/259006693
Webinar ID: 259-006-693
7. Census 2020:
All of us would by now have received an invitation to respond to the 2020 Census. Your help is needed to count everyone in the United States by providing information about all adults, children, and babies living or staying at the address where the invitation to respond was sent.
Results from the 2020 Census will be used to:
Direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services.
Help our community prepare to meet transportation and emergency readiness needs.
Determine the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives and your political representation at all levels of government.
The Census Bureau is using the internet to securely collect your information. The census is so important that your response is required by law, and your answers are kept completely confidential. If you need help completing your 2020 Census questionnaire, please call toll-free 1-844-330-2020. Visit 2020census.gov for further information.
8. As a reminder SIIJLA is here and ready to support our elders and the community when needed. We can support items such as (not limited to):
- Groceries shopping and other essentials
- Medical Prescription pick ups
- local errands
EC contact info by county:
Los Angeles County
Dr. Mohsin Ali - 562-865-0220
West LA / San Fernando Valley / Ventura
Hasnain Haji - 818-429-7565
Sister Sukaina Hasanali - 909-908-1740
Dr. Murtadha Khakoo - 714-357-2718
Sister Sabiha Haji - 714-801-4441
Sister Mubina Sivjee - 818-419-4577
9. COVID-19 Safety Reminders:
We will continue to keep you updated as new online program become available and as always please do not hesitate to reach a member of the EC should you require any support. Please stay safe, healthy and Sha'ban Mubarak to all of you.
With Salaams & Duas,