Muharram 2021: Registration Reminder & other updates
"O my Lord! You are my haven when the wide courses fail to carry me and the earth, despite its width, becomes to narrow to bear me"
- Imam Hussain AS - Arafat Prayer
We hope and pray all of you are doing well InshaAllah.
With the Muharram program in full swing at SIIJLA in person and online, SIIJLA would like to extend our thanks to our in person attendees on adhering to the guidelines set forth when attending the center. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we adjust to the new normal.
A few reminders:
REGISTRATION / VACCINATION VALIDATION
MUHARRAM 2021 (1443)
- If you still plan on attending SIIJLA in person during the first ashra and you haven't yet, you still may do so by CLICKING HERE
- Attendees should have 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine with the second dose being 2 weeks prior to attending the center. One dose if you recieved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Masks will mandated at all times when inside the main halls, classrooms, nursery and kitchen.
- Children under age 12 can attend with their parents and do not require vaccination.
- Non vaccinated individuals age 12+ will not be allowed to enter the center or hang around in the parking lot
- Proof of vaccination is required for all attendees age 12+
- UNREGISTERED PARTICIPANTS: If you and/or your family come to the center as a unregistred attendee(s), you will be able to register on the spot as long as you have your vaccine validation with you. If not, we regret that we will not be able to let you into the center or the outside grounds
Muharram Night Programs (in person & virtual):
Dates: Nightly, beginning Monday, August 9th to Friday, August 20th
Speaker: Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
Topic: "The Eternal Renaissance of the Hussaini Movement: Reconciling Islam & The Modern Age"
Time: 7:45PM (open for namaaz)
Location: Huseini Imambara
7925 Serapis Avenue
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
VIRTUAL attendees (ZOOM & YouTube will go live at 8:30PM)
**NOTE:** To ensure the safety for you and others, Lash/Aalam/Taboot will not be taken out at the center this year.
MUHARRAM PROGRAM DETAILS:
You can view and download the Daily Muharram Program details HERE
The day of Ashura will be on Thursday, August 19th
We are in desparate need of reciters for Muharram. Anyone wishing to participate in the recitation of dua/poetry/eulogy/Marsia/Matam during these upcoming programs please contactBr. Hasnain Haji. You may also fill out the recitation schedule by going here and noting your name next to what you would like to recite and on what day. Male/Female and children are all welcome to recite.
NOTE: If you plan to not return to the center this year and wish to recite during the nights of Muharram, we will have solutions in place for you to recite remotely via ZOOM and boradcasted via video/audio at SIIJLA.
Our total fundraising goal for Muharram 2021 is $25,000. Given that this is one of our major fundraisers for the year to help run the center for the future months, we would greatly appreciate your efforts in donating generously. May Allah reward you amply and many times over for your generosity.
You may donate via the following means:
- Via Zelle @ [email protected]
- Paypal @ www.lajamaat.org. (we request that you please add in the 3% PayPal fee in your donation to reduce the burden on SIIJLA).
- Alternatively, you may mail your check to SIIJLA - PO Box 1207, Pico Rivera CA 90660.
- Please reach out to our Treasurer Hasnain Haji should you have any questions.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Muharram tabarook, please contact Sister Sukaina Hasanali. Guidelines will be provided on how the tabarook will need to be packaged if you will be bringing them to the center.
Please let us know if you would like us to recite surah fateha for the Isale Sawab of the marhumeens in your families when sponsoring an evening, InshaAllah.
May Allah reward you amply and accept your Du'as and Azadari during the nights of Muharram.
With Salaams & Duas,
SIIJLA Executive Committee