Muharram 2021: Reminders & Updates
"O my Lord! You are my haven when the wide courses fail to carry me and the earth, despite its width, becomes to narrow to bear me"
- Imam Hussain AS - Arafat Prayer
We hope and pray all of you are doing well InshaAllah.
With the Muharram program in full swing at SIIJLA in person and online, SIIJLA would like to extend our thanks to our in person attendees on adhering to the guidelines set forth when attending the center. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we adjust to the new normal.
A few reminders and requests while attending SIIJLA in person:
Ashura Tabarook Drive Thru (for people not attending in person on Ashura Day)
- If you are a parent with young children, we request that you utilize the nursery room or classrooms to allow for space in the ladies & mens halls to ensure adequate spacing between individuals.
- We request that you continue to adhere to keeping your masks up at all times when indoors at the center
- If you do not live in the same household with other members who join in person, please do your part and stay 3 feet apart for your safety and the safety of others.
- If the mens and ladies halls get full with the social distancing guidelines, volunteers will ask you to please sit in one of the classrooms for your safety and the safety of others.
- As always, we humbly request you to abide to our volunteers requests. It for your safety and the safety of others. We promise its not personal.
- We understand there is a slight delay between in person and online reciters. We appreciate your patience while we work the technology and to ensure we are able to accomodate all reciters as we continue to adapt and adjust to the new normal.
For those who will not be attending SIIJLA in person on Ashura day, we would like to welcome you to stop by SIIJLA to pick up your Ashura tabarook on Thursday August 19th, 2021 between 4:00pm - 5:30pm.
You do not need to fill out this survey if you plan on attending the Ashura Program in person.
CLICK HERE to fill out the survey. Survey closes tomorrow August 15.
REGISTRATION / VACCINATION VALIDATION
MUHARRAM 2021 (1443)
- If you still plan on attending SIIJLA in person during the first ashra and you haven't yet, you still may do so by CLICKING HERE
- Attendees should have 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine with the second dose being 2 weeks prior to attending the center. One dose if you recieved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Masks will mandated at all times when inside the main halls, classrooms, nursery and kitchen.
- Children under age 12 can attend with their parents and do not require vaccination.
- Non vaccinated individuals age 12+ will not be allowed to enter the center or hang around in the parking lot
- Proof of vaccination is required for all attendees age 12+
- UNREGISTERED PARTICIPANTS: If you and/or your family come to the center as a unregistred attendee(s), you will be able to register on the spot as long as you have your vaccine validation with you. If not, we regret that we will not be able to let you into the center or the outside grounds
Muharram Night Programs (in person & virtual):
Dates: Nightly, beginning Monday, August 9th to Friday, August 20th
Speaker: Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
Topic: "The Eternal Renaissance of the Hussaini Movement: Reconciling Islam & The Modern Age"
Time: 7:45PM (open for namaaz)
Location: Huseini Imambara
7925 Serapis Avenue
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
VIRTUAL attendees (ZOOM & YouTube will go live at 8:30PM)
**NOTE:** To ensure the safety for you and others, Lash/Aalam/Taboot will not be taken out at the center this year.
MUHARRAM PROGRAM DETAILS:
You can view and download the Daily Muharram Program details HERE
The day of Ashura will be on Thursday, August 19th
Our total fundraising goal for Muharram 2021 is $25,000. Given that this is one of our major fundraisers for the year to help run the center for the future months, we would greatly appreciate your efforts in donating generously. May Allah reward you amply and many times over for your generosity.
You may donate via the following means:
- Via Zelle @ [email protected]
- Paypal @ www.lajamaat.org. (we request that you please add in the 3% PayPal fee in your donation to reduce the burden on SIIJLA).
- Alternatively, you may mail your check to SIIJLA - PO Box 1207, Pico Rivera CA 90660.
- Please reach out to our Treasurer Hasnain Haji should you have any questions.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Muharram tabarook, please contact Sister Sukaina Hasanali. Guidelines will be provided on how the tabarook will need to be packaged if you will be bringing them to the center.
Please let us know if you would like us to recite surah fateha for the Isale Sawab of the marhumeens in your families when sponsoring an evening, InshaAllah.
May Allah reward you amply and accept your Du'as and Azadari during the nights of Muharram.
With Salaams & Duas,
SIIJLA Executive Committee