Muharram 2021: Ashura Day & Sham e Gariban Program
"O my Lord! You are my haven when the wide courses fail to carry me and the earth, despite its width, becomes to narrow to bear me"
- Imam Hussain AS - Arafat Prayer
We hope and pray all of you are doing well InshaAllah.
Our sincerest condolences to the Imam of our time Imam Hujjat al Mahdi AS and to all of you on the tragedy of Karbala and the injustices committed against Imam Hussain (AS), his family, and his companions.
SIILA would like to provide the program breakdown for tomorrow Ashura Day - August 19, 2021. The program tomorrow will be live streamed for those not attending in person via ZOOM & Youtube throughout the entire day InshaAllah.
In Person (12+ registered & fully vaccinated attendees only): If you still plan on attending SIIJLA in person during the last remaining nights and you haven't registered yet, you still may do so by CLICKING HERE
UNREGISTERED PARTICIPANTS: If you and/or your family come to the center as a unregistred attendee, you will be able to register on the spot as long as you have your vaccine validation with you. If not, we regret that we will not be able to let you into the center or the outside grounds
ASHURA DAY & SHAM E GARIBAN PROGRAM - August 19, 2021
In Person & Online
Ashura Day Aamal - 10:00AM (Center will open at 9:30AM)
Dhuhr Namaaz - 12:55PM
Day of Ashura (Shahadat of Imam Hussain AS)
1:30pm - 1:55pm - Marshiya - multiple reciters
1:55 - 2:25pm - Majlis - Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
2:25 - 2:40pm - Maatam - multiple reciters
2:40pm - 2:50pm - Ziyarat of Taziya - Amin Dhala
3:00pm - Lunch
Ashura Drive thru for those who registered for the tabarook pick up
will be from 4:00pm - 5:30pm. Please contact Sister Sukaina Hasanali should you have any questions
Kabrastan Program at Rose Hills Cemetary: 4:15pm
4:15pm - Surah Yaseen - Khalil Dewji
4:30pm - Marshiya - Amin Dhala
4:35pm - Short Majlis - Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
4:55pm - Maatam - Safder Chandoo
5:00pm - Ziyarat - Dr. Murtadha Khakoo
Sham e Gariba Program - August 19, 2021
6:15pm - Du’a kumayl - Abbas Ali Fazal
6:35pm - Marshiya - multiple reciters
7:00pm - Majlis - Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
7:35pm - Maatam & Salaam - multiple reciters
7:45pm - Ziyarat e Waritha - Kumail Dewji
7:50pm - Maghrib Namaaz
REGISTRATION / VACCINATION VALIDATION
MUHARRAM 2021 (1443)
- If you still plan on attending SIIJLA in person during the last remaining nights and you haven't registered yet, you still may do so by CLICKING HERE
- Attendees should have 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine with the second dose being 2 weeks prior to attending the center. One dose if you recieved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Masks will mandated at all times when inside the main halls, classrooms, nursery and kitchen.
- Children under age 12 can attend with their parents and do not require vaccination.
- Non vaccinated individuals age 12+ will not be allowed to enter the center or hang around in the parking lot
- Proof of vaccination is required for all attendees age 12+
Muharram Night Programs (in person & virtual):
Dates: Nightly, beginning Monday, August 9th to Friday, August 20th
Speaker: Sayed Shabbir Kirmani
Topic: "The Eternal Renaissance of the Hussaini Movement: Reconciling Islam & The Modern Age"
Time: 7:45PM (open for namaaz)
Location: Huseini Imambara
7925 Serapis Avenue
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
**NOTE:** To ensure the safety for you and others, Lash/Aalam/Taboot will not be taken out at the center this year.
Our total fundraising goal for Muharram 2021 is $25,000. Given that this is one of our major fundraisers for the year to help run the center for the future months, we would greatly appreciate your efforts in donating generously. May Allah reward you amply and many times over for your generosity.
You may donate via the following means:
- Via Zelle @ [email protected]
- Paypal @ www.lajamaat.org. (we request that you please add in the 3% PayPal fee in your donation to reduce the burden on SIIJLA).
- Alternatively, you may mail your check to SIIJLA - PO Box 1207, Pico Rivera CA 90660.
- Please reach out to our Treasurer Hasnain Haji should you have any questions.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Muharram tabarook, please contact Sister Sukaina Hasanali. Guidelines will be provided on how the tabarook will need to be packaged if you will be bringing them to the center.
Please let us know if you would like us to recite surah fateha for the Isale Sawab of the marhumeens in your families when sponsoring an evening, InshaAllah.
May Allah reward you amply and accept your Du'as and Azadari during the nights of Muharram.
With Salaams & Duas,
SIIJLA Executive Committee